It is wonderful. Can't imagine how you could be more creative but this is the place to test that theory. I love that your desk AND the deck are positioned so that you can keep an eye on Mr. Wonderful. Smart thinking. I can't wait to see it in person. M
Thanks Megan and Martha. Yes, Mr. Wonderful is under my careful eye at all times. Hopefully, we'll be back to work on the studio within a week or so. Will let you know what colors I decide on for outside and inside stains.
Whatever color you decide to paint on the inside - keep neutral and light..as you will want the reflective light to keep it bright for your artwork! You are one lucky person to have the space for yourself....to create...what about a cushy chair and light for relaxing and brain storming! We will all give you suggestions from what we'd like!! I look forward to seeing it! In good health, Susan
Thanks for the great comments. I have decided on a gray-green stain for the outside with a lighter trim (similar to the palette of the house). I painted a few pieces of wood and watched how the light hit them during the day. The studio is never in direct light, due to the trees, until late in the day so I ended up using the lightest color. We started staining them yesterday in the garage. The color is perfect. Wood stain inside will be light, like you suggested Susan, to keep it reflective. I'm considering a really pretty orangey red for the door and then will tie that color in with pillows and flowers. It's so exciting and so much fun. I just can't wait to get inside and let those creative juices start flowing. I bought my first piece of furniture. It's a small dresser. Red stained on bottom with wood stain on top. Perfect for under the single window onside. Caio for now.
Gorgeous. Perfect as is. All it needs is a cushy, cushy carpet and lots of shelves. xoxo MJO'N
ReplyDeleteIt is wonderful. Can't imagine how you could be more creative but this is the place to test that theory. I love that your desk AND the deck are positioned so that you can keep an eye on Mr. Wonderful. Smart thinking. I can't wait to see it in person.
ReplyDeleteM
Thanks Megan and Martha. Yes, Mr. Wonderful is under my careful eye at all times. Hopefully, we'll be back to work on the studio within a week or so. Will let you know what colors I decide on for outside and inside stains.
ReplyDeleteBeans. We're still waiting on those color choices...
ReplyDeleteWhatever color you decide to paint on the inside - keep neutral and light..as you will want the reflective light to keep it bright for your artwork! You are one lucky person to have the space for yourself....to create...what about a cushy chair and light for relaxing and brain storming! We will all give you suggestions from what we'd like!! I look forward to seeing it! In good health, Susan
ReplyDeleteThanks for the great comments. I have decided on a gray-green stain for the outside with a lighter trim (similar to the palette of the house). I painted a few pieces of wood and watched how the light hit them during the day. The studio is never in direct light, due to the trees, until late in the day so I ended up using the lightest color. We started staining them yesterday in the garage. The color is perfect. Wood stain inside will be light, like you suggested Susan, to keep it reflective. I'm considering a really pretty orangey red for the door and then will tie that color in with pillows and flowers. It's so exciting and so much fun. I just can't wait to get inside and let those creative juices start flowing. I bought my first piece of furniture. It's a small dresser. Red stained on bottom with wood stain on top. Perfect for under the single window onside. Caio for now.
ReplyDelete